Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand who have fulfilled the requirements set out below ('Eligible Entrants').
4. All valid entrants must be members of an organisation officially registered to participate in a CUA School Fun-Run.
5. Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, Permitz Group Pty Ltd (www.permitzgroup.com.au), contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
6. Any entrant who is under the age of 18, as of the date of entry, must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify their consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release may also require the entrant's parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the entrant. The release must be completed with the full name, address and telephone number of the entrant's parent or guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the entrant's entitlement to any prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
7. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook membership and the use of Facebook generally are subject to the Facebook prevailing terms and conditions of use available at www.facebook.com. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other internet users via Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Facebook and its associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an entrant in respect of the entrant's participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
8. The Promoter is The Fundraising Group (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 44 090 756 488) (the 'Promoter'). The Promoter's address is Unit 7 46 Smith Street, Southport, QLD 4215.
How to enter
9. To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below) visit the website www.schoolfundraising.com.au and follow the links to register their Student Profile Page (‘Primary Entry’). Fees are not payable for registration. The Eligible Entrants must then raise a minimum of $1 via the online fundraising service provided on their Student Profile Page.
10. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
11. Entries must provide contact details on request to be eligible to win. This will be entered during the sign-up phase. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
12. Only one Primary Entry per person will be permitted. Additional entries may be obtained by following the instructions on the entry website.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
13. The competition commences on 01/02/2018 at 08:00 AM and closes 25/11/2018 at 12:00 AM ('Promotional Period'). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. If any draw date falls on a public holiday, as defined in the state of the Promoter, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
14. The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at Promoter's Premises at Unit 7 46 Smith Street, Southport, QLD 4215 on 26/11/2018 at 11:00 AM.
15. The winner will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their name will also be published on 10/12/2018 at www.schoolfundraising.com.au and www.facebook.com/schoolfunrun for 28 days.
16. Prizes (or in the case of vouchers, prize confirmations) will be sent within 28 days of the draw.
17. The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 26/02/2019 (at 11:00 at Promoter's Premises at Unit 7 46 Smith Street, Southport, QLD 4215) as the original draw in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 05/03/2019 at www.schoolfundraising.com.au and www.facebook.com/schoolfunrun for 28 days.
Prize on offer
18. The total prize pool is valued at up to $30,000 (Including GST), as at 12/01/2018.
19. The total number of competition winners in this competition is one. The prize on offer is:
Number of winners / Prize description / Value of prize pool
a) 1 x $20,000 Webjet Travel Voucher plus 1 x $10,000 cash as spending money (Total Value $30,000)
The travel voucher will be valid for either the Webjet New Zealand or the Webjet Australia website, depending on where the winner resides.
The prize redemption is solely up to the winner. Meaning all travel must be booked online via the Webjet website using the travel voucher. No assistance is given by Webjet (they are not a travel agent).
The Voucher to be awarded in line with all other standard Webjet terms and conditions which can be found on the Webjet website
20. For any cash prizes your name on your entry must be that of an eligible bank account to which a cheque can be cashed. The Promoter will take reasonable steps to send cheques in the names as specified in the original entry. Winning entries with only a family name or reference to a family as the entrant cannot be cashed by banks. If the winner of any prize is under 18 years, the prize may be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on behalf of the winner, at the discretion of the Promoter.
21. The Travel Voucher can only be used on the Webjet website in accordance with that websites terms and conditions.
Further Terms and Conditions
22. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
23. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
24. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
25. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner's deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
28. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner's nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection Statement
29. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
Copyright, Statutory Guarantees, Waiver and Liability
31. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
32. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
33. Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
34. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use "scripting" is not permitted and will not be accepted.
35. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
36. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees').
37. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its' officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.